It’s a wild world out there. We know (and love!) these wedding, mitzvah & event vendors*.
Shiraz Events: For full-service event production, whether for an elegant wedding, a bar/bat mitzvah or a corporate event, Shiraz never disappoints. Every detail is meticulously designed, and the producers ensure that your event will go off smoothly and without any hitches.
Rachel Cho Floral Design: Year after year, Rachel is named one of the top florists in the city, and she has an amazing team. Brides and grooms, parents planning bar/bat mitzvahs, and corporate clients from the MoMA to the Dr. Oz Show to Macy’s rely on her for her beautiful arrangements. We recommend Rachel because her flowers make our photos look better :-). If you want a real treat, go visit her studio in the West Village — it smells and looks divine.
Wedding & Bar/Bat Mitzvah Cakes
Madison Lee’s Cakes: Madison is a true cake artist. In 2015 she was named in the “Top Ten Cake Artists in North America” by Dessert Professional Magazine. Her cakes are delicious and beautiful. Just know that I will insist on eating a slice if I photograph an event with a cake baked by Madison Lee. Madison originally learned her craft at her father’s well-known Park Slope bakery Cousin John’s Cafe. Her flagship location is in Manhattan’s Garment District on West 37th Street.
Sen Sakana Catering specializes in elaborate sushi displays of sushi, maki and sashimi meticulously chosen and cut with precision. Watch in awe as professional sushi chefs who are masters of the craft prepare the most delicious rolls and other delights before your eyes. We’ve seen them in action and tasted their fresh concoctions many times, and can vouch that they will deliver a visual feast for your eyes and a party for your palates.
Wedding Rings & Custom Jewelry
David Sachs (D. Sachs & Co): If you’re looking for wedding bands or other custom jewelry for the wedding, David Sachs is an outstanding choice. David is a diamond wholesaler (so you know you’ll get a great price on any stones) and a custom jewelry designer who produces beautiful work. He works by personal referral only, so if you want an introduction, just ask.
Rev. Susanna Stefanachi Macomb: Rev. Macomb literally wrote the book on interfaith wedding ceremonies (Joining Hands and Hearts: Interfaith, Intercultural Wedding Celebrations). Even if your wedding isn’t interfaith or intercultural, Rev. Macomb will ensure your wedding ceremony is the most beautiful, touching and romantic part of your day. I’ve photographed many weddings and vow renewals officiated by Rev. Macomb, and — truth be told — she can make a grown man (me) cry.
All of the makeup artists we work with are talented at both editorial/fashion makeup and natural beauty makeup (e.g., weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs). They are as comfortable with models and celebrities as they are with regular people like us. I trust them to help all of my clients look their very best.
- Amanda Gabbard: http://www.bestfaceforwardwithamanda.com/
- Joy Fennell: http://joydoesweddings.tumblr.com/
- Tiagi Lambert: http://www.tiagimakeup.com/
Stylist and Personal Shopper
Samantha Brown: Want advice about buying your wedding or bridesmaids’ dresses? A special dress or suit for the bar/bat mitzvah? Or perhaps the groom and groomsmen need a little spiffing up? Samantha can identify the best color palettes, fabrics and fit for your special day. From sourcing the wardrobe to setting up appointments and fittings, Samantha will guide you through the process.
Branded Merchandise (and Other Tchotchkes)
If you’re looking to have custom branded items at your special event (anything from napkins & cups to throw pillows to apparel to gift bags to golf balls, all printed with with your name or initials or your wedding or mitzvah logo), look no further.
- JZ (Jac Zagoory Designs) has the uncanny ability to source just the right quality gifts, goods and giveaways for your event, including thoughtful groomsmen and bridesmaids’ presents and fun items for your bar/bat mitzvah. Email: [email protected]
- Susan Burke (Bayard Promotions). Email: [email protected]
- Chaye Zuckerman Shapot (22 Graphics). Email: [email protected]
Nutrition & Fitness
Big life events are often a catalyst for people to become more committed to health and wellness, and upcoming weddings can be particularly motivating. It was for me when I was getting married, and many of my clients have told me they feel the same way.
- Personal trainer Jason Rodriguez (Fitness Journeys) ensures his clients grow stronger, healthier and, most importantly, have fun throughout the process. He knows a fitness journey doesn’t always move in a straight line, but he’s there every step of the way to ensure you’ll get to your fitness destination.
Silent Auction Items
Mike Polsky (Polsky Sports & Entertainment). If you’re organizing a charity fundraiser, Mike Polsky can fill your silent auction table (or even a live auction) with some of the coolest memorabilia from the sports and entertainment worlds. And there’s no financial risk for your charity. I always enjoy photographing events where Mike has provided the auction items, because it’s easy to get photos of excited “shoppers.”
Arthur Chernick Company, Inc.: I assume your special event is going to go exactly as planned, with nary a hiccup. But it’s a big investment, and strange things happen. (Remember Superstorm Sandy?) Insurance broker Chuck Chernick and his team at Arthur Chernick Co. can ensure that your event is covered with event cancellation and event liability insurance.
* These are companies & people we know and trust. We don’t receive financial compensation for recommending them, but the usual disclaimers apply. These companies are completely independent of Deutsch Photography, Inc. We think you’ll love their products and services, but we cannot offer any promises. You should independently check their credentials and make your own assessment.